At this time, the ACDA is not a tax-exempt organization as recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service. Therefore, we are unable to provide a tax-deductible receipt for any donations made to the ACDA.
To make a tax-deductible contribution for ACD research, we request you send your donations to the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) - see below. For the sixth consecutive year, NORD has been awarded the top (4-Star) rating for sound fiscal management by Charity Navigator, a leading evaluator of charities.
NORD is a unique federation of voluntary health organizations dedicated to helping people with rare "orphan" diseases and assisting the organizations that serve them. ACDA established a Restricted Research Account at NORD in 2002 which ensures that your contributions to that fund at NORD will be earmarked specifically for ACD research. NORD requires that a research account reach at least $33,500 before it will initiate the grant process to award research money to the medical community. Therefore, the goal of ACDA is to raise another $33,500 for research. ACDA members, families and friends have been instrumental in raising funds for two prior research grants through NORD:
- 2005 - Research grant awarded to Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX for an Immunohistological Study
- 2008 - Award to Baylor to extend the previous Immunohistochemical studies to investigate other VEGF isoforms
There are several ways to make a tax deductible contribution to NORD:
Make a tax-deductible contribution to NORD on-line
Go to NORD's secure website https://www.rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations. Select “Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia” in the research fund pull-down menu and complete the rest of the form.
Mail a check to NORD
- Make your check payable to "NORD - Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia Restricted Research Fund” to earmark your donation for ACD research.
- In the memo section of the check or on a separate note attached to the check, state that the donation is "in memory of (name of child)".
- Your family and friends can attach a note to their check with your name and address and NORD will notify you of their gift.
- Send your check to the following address:
National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
P.O. Box 1968
Danbury, CT 06813-1968 USA
NORD recommends that families living outside of the United State use a credit card to make a donation since it costs less to convert international currency when using a credit card. Use the secure NORD website at https://www.rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations
If your employer has a Matching Gifts Program for charitable organizations, your contributions to ACD research can grow! Please check with your Human Resources Department.